Let's start by chatting a little bit about Camden's bedtime routine....
If you want to ensure you see a Happy Camden in the morning, here's what you do.
(1) Most often you are playing cars or trains or hockey. Give him a solid 5 minute countdown and he's pretty good at putting toys away when asked. Of course we are getting into the "terrible two's"....so some days are better than others.
(2) Once upstairs: pajamas, milk and brushing teeth. In. That. Order. You try to get him to brush his teeth and he doesn't have his hands on his milk...forget it. He reacts like he just got bitten by a shark.
(3) Time for books. I always read him three. Sometimes daddy only reads him two. Sometimes he asks me to read the first book twice (I'll do anything for an extra few minutes of cuddle time)
(4) Books are done. Noise maker on. Lights off. "Rock me like a baby" is what Camden requests. This is my absolute favorite time.
....(5) Baby Beluga, Jesus Loves Me (which I also don't know all of the words to so Camden hums along in the middle with me), Twinkle Twinkle and then Happy Birthday. Yes we also sing Happy Birthday every night. In fact, we sing it three times. He normally sings Happy Birthday to mommy, daddy and then Chloe. We have Aunt Angie to thank for the happy birthday bedtime routine <3
(6) Kiss and bed. "Good night. See you soon. Love you. Good bye."
If you master those solid 6 steps you will have a happy Camden in the morning. <3
I'm still trying to get Jeremy to "Rock me like a baby" before I go to bed. I haven't mastered that yet....