Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Everyone deserves a second chance

Perhaps I should say, "EveryTHING deserves a second chance"

On Monday I wore a pair of jeans to work that I've been wearing since before I was pregnant. I decided that they still fit, even though I was to the point of only buttoning one of the two buttons :) I also had socks and boots on but I was pretty comfortable all day as this was an outfit I had worn often. It wasn't until I got home that I realized how uncomfortable I actually was.

I took my socks and shoes off, okay no problem. Then it came time to peeling off my jeans. Peeling. I look down and what do I see? LINES FROM THE SEAMS OF MY PANTS INDENTED ON MY SKIN. I look down further and notice my newly formed cankles are indented with the lines from my socks. I looked absolutely ridiculous. I wanted to take a picture of the mess I had made with my skin, but I was too busy laughing/crying at what I had just done to myself that I couldn't! Jeremy told me that I was no longer allowed to wear those jeans until after they actually fit me again. I was convinced that this incident was a bad combination of the tight socks, restricting boots, lack of elevating my legs at work, and the pants that were just a llllliiiittttttlllllleee too tight, that made me this way.

So what do I do? I wear the pants again to work today. This time, not buttoning either of the two buttons, but pairing them with a pair of comfortable, breathable shoes. Jeremy called me out on this - I told him that this was the only other chance these pants were getting. If my day ended with the same results that I would retire these jeans until futher notice.

If you are curious, which I'm sure that you are....these pants have been put back in the drawer and won't be making another appearance on my body for a few months. Thank you jeans for the past 8 months....it's been a fun ride.


Speaking of 8 months....Happy 32 Weeks to Baby Floyd!

We're getting closer and closer! and I'm getting bigger and bigger! Jeremy referred to my calves as "meaty" the other day....I couldn't even be upset - it's so true....!!

2 comments:

  1. God bless you and your beautiful body!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look great and don't worry I have a closet full of every size jean imaginable if you want to take a look!!!

    ReplyDelete