Sunday, October 2, 2011

Run, run, run!

So today I ran a 4.2 mile race at Quiet Waters Park in Annapolis.
It was cold and a little rainy, and I'm not going to lie...I was a little hungover. Who's idea was it to go out the night before a 7:30am race? Oh yea, mine. Good news is that I wasn't alone in my running misery, my friend Jenn from Bay Area was also there to run!

13 days from now I will be running in the Baltimore Half Marathon. I will not be going out the night before that race. In fact, I have decided to stop drinking until after I run it. Let's see if my shaky hands can stay away from the booze for the next 13 days. Just kidding (about the shaky hands, that is) Of course I can make it 13 days...I did it for 9 months no problem. :)

Speaking of Camden, this time last year is when we found out we were pregnant with him. October 1st, to be exact, was the day I took the pregnancy test. One year later we have a handsome little man who has completely changed our lives, for the better, of course. This weekend also marks one year since I have taken any type of over the counter meds. This probably isn't something that would be considered exciting for most people, but this is cool to me. I stayed off any type of medication while I was pregnant, even ones that I was told I could take, and have continued to stay off of them. The only pills I have taken and still take are prenatal vitamins, and now birth control (It's too soon for Camden to have a little brother or sister.) I have felt really good this past year without any meds and have managed to get by with just a couple of colds. Let's see how I do through this cold and flu season!

We had a lovely little weekend. A little chilly for my liking, but I hear the temps are going to go back up to the low 70s by Tuesday. I can get down with that. Had a nice, unexpected family lunch today. We got to celebrate Angie's birthday since we won't be able to see her on her ACTUAL birthday. <3 Aunt Angie even bought Camden a new moose/bear/mouse hat. Perfect for the cold weather!

Sunday, Sunday, Sunday! Although we're really not into letting Camden watch TV, Jeremy lets him watch sports. So today I figured I would kill two birds with one stone. If he's going to be allowed to watch TV then he will also need to work on his "tummy time" And I figured if he's going to watch anything, it might as well be football. He needs to start to learning how to play so he will be prepared for the day he begins to grow into those line backer thighs of his.

Tummy time for Daddy and Camden! Check out that neck control. He's really working hard at keeping his head up and strengthening those neck muscles. Camden's working hard on his control too :)

Tonight was also a big night for Camden. Sometimes he will fall asleep while eating and then we'll put him right to bed. Other times we will rock him for a minute or two to make sure he gets those burps out and then we'll put him to bed. Tonight after he ate, he wanted nothing to do with falling alseep or being bounced. So Jeremy put him in his crib and said something along the lines of, "If you don't want to be rocked then you need to be a big boy and put yourself to sleep" We let him cry. We decided we would go back in there at 9pm if he was still crying to address any issues. Happy to report that he stopped crying at 8:50. Approximately 12 minutes after we left him in his room. Camden apparently has his big boy pajamas on tonight and Mommy and Daddy are so proud <3

No comments:

Post a Comment