Thursday, March 24, 2011

Well I guess this is growing up.

So we had a minor flooding incident involving our downstairs living room. Nothing serious but enough to be a pain in the butt! It ruined my morning workout routine, our TV watching habits, and messed up my laying on the couch time. BUT what it did do is force us to be pro-active around the house. I feel as though I have gotten more accomplished over the past week (in regards to the house) than I have in the first 6 months of this pregnancy.

Now that our living room is back to normal and our lives are back to the way they were, I have decided that I don't like sitting down and just watching TV. It makes me feel lazy. I think of all the things I could be doing with my time. If I'm going to be laying on the couch watching TV I might as well be laying in bed going to sleep - I know I wont be getting much of that in a few months. I have decided that from now on my evenings won't be spent in front of the TV, but instead, doing something that makes me feel accomplished.

So tonight I'll be sitting back in our newly finished guest room/office and picking up my study materials that have been sitting downstairs for the past few weeks collecting dust (after I finish this blog post of course) My goal is to be ACE certified in personal training before having this baby. A goal that now seems a little out of reach - but I'm still working! And hey, with this new "no lazy TV" goal - I may be able to get more accomplished than I think :)

My new study area

My study materials and a cup of decaf from the Keurig :)

2 comments:

  1. You go girl! You are right in that it won't get done once the baby is here. Your priorities will shift as they should but the unfinished business will nag at you in the back of mind. I have and unfinished Master of Kinesiology Degree that nags at me from time to time. I only had to finish the final "project", what a waste!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your attitude! But once that baby arrives, you'll be so in love that some of your priorities may shift. Enjoy it all!

    ReplyDelete