Thursday, March 31, 2011

30 Weeks!

So yesterday I hit the 30 week mark. Only 10 more weeks to go!!! I do have a feeling that the timing is a little off and we will be looking at a May baby. We obviously wont know until that moment comes, but there are a lot of fun people to share birthdays with in May!



It has been a busy past week for us. I went to a baby shower at a country club on Sunday in Hagertown. Open bar and a 3 course meal...is this what I should expect at MY shower???? ;-) Speaking of shower, I was so overwhelmed for my friend at her shower. SO MUCH STUFF! Where is she going to put it all? Better question, where am I going to put it all when it's my turn?!

I signed up to run the Baltimore Half Marathon in October. Eek! My first half marathon and it's going to be post-baby. I had thought signing up for this a few months ago, but never did. I had a friend contact me who I used to work out with who brought it up. I thought to myself, WHY NOT. I know I wont sign up later, and if I didn't sign up now, I never would. Sooo, what do I have to lose?? 

I zumba'd again last night. It was fun and silly. If you haven't tried it, I suggest doing so at least once in your life.

I NOW HAVE A TV IN MY KITCHEN! Oh, I'm so excited. Ever since we took the TV out of our upstairs living room, my dinner makings have been so quiet and boring to the point where I dread making dinner. I am hoping this helps me spend more time in the kitchen since I want to learn to cook for this baby! If there was one thing that stood out to me growing up, it was the amazing dinners my mother always made and the family time we spent around the dinner table. I want to be able to provide the same thing! Am I nuts to think that this 13" TV is going to provide that for me??



Saturday night/Sunday morning we leave for Georgia to visit the in-laws. I AM EXCITED AND READY FOR A VACATION! Bring it on.

2 comments:

  1. No open bar or three course meal at our shower...But lots of love will be there! Yeah for meals together - still some of my favorite times. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am reading a new book called Eat to Live. I will get you a copy. Has some really great recipes, healthy recipes. As far as dinner is concerned, plan ahead, and have stuff in the fridge and KISS! Keep it simple silly. I am lucky in that Jerry will eat just about anything as long as it is warm!!! The other thing is, leftovers, so when you have a small family or the kids are small, you really only have to make 3 or so "meals" a week and then just add in some veggies!

    ReplyDelete