Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Firsts

Baby Camden is 3 weeks old today!

This past week we have had a bunch of "firsts" for the little guy!

We started him on a pacifier. This helps out a bunch between feedings when he seems like he just wants something to suck on. He didn't catch on right away. Some days he loves it...and other days it is like he has never seen one before. I dont know what to call it, so I call it many different things, a pacie, ninny, binky...Jeremy says we need to call it something manly - so he came up with, Vortex. As I type this blog with one hand, Camden is in my arm sucking on his Vortex. Sorry for any typos :)

I also started pumping and we have introduced a bottle to him. He took this like a champ! This is great because it makes it so much easier when we go out in public and I dont have to nurse him. It also helps when Jeremy and I leave the house and we have someone watching him. I am very proud of him!

We also gave him his first bath...eek. I don't know if he just didn't like being naked or what, but he wasnt very happy. Attempt number 2 is tonight. Hopefully he enjoys it a little better. I also bet he wishes that mommy bathed more :-/



We also took our first trip to the park on a very hot day...what were we thinking?? He slept right through it....he probably didnt even realize how hot it really was
Baby Chase and Baby Camden

We also introduced him to his crib for the first time. The first night was a little rough....he still did pretty good. Last night was great! Fed him at 9pm and he woke up at midnight, 3am and 6am. I could get used to that!! I'm probably jinxing myself now by talking about how great he was...but hopefully he will keep it up.

Mommy also had her first....first beer...make that 3.
It was nice to be able to have a drink but it wasn't as great as I remember. I'm looking forward to a glass, or bottle, of wine :)

The next things that he is attempting to tackle are keeping his head up and smiling....we are getting close to both! I'm still having a hard time teaching him how to change his own diaper, but I'm working on it.

3 comments:

  1. lots of new things for baby Camden...can't wait to meet him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Camden is doing great and so are you mommy! Pretty soon he will be dropping that midnight feeding :-) Hope to meet the little guy sometime in July!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovin the blog. We want some videos!
    <3 Steph & Howie

    ReplyDelete