Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Star of Mommy's Blog



Today it's all about baby! He is the whole reason I started this blog in the first place <3

Wednesday June 8th was the big day. It started early in the morning with contractions - which lasted allll daaayyy looonngg - and ended with a beautiful, healthy baby boy!

The in-laws were in town from Georgia, and Jeremy was planning on going into work late that day, so we went and had brunch at my parents house. It was the way I would have wanted the birth day of my son to begin - with a wonderful breakfast at my parents!

Jeremy went into work around noon and he was checking on me at least every hour. I stayed and hung out with my mother until around 3pm when she took me back to my house. Contractions were getting closer together and getting stronger, but I really didn't think they were close enough for me to head to the hospital. By the time Jeremy got home, around 4:30, I was ready to go. I had made a call to the doctor to let her know that I was heading in - I jumped in the shower and changed my clothes and we were off.

We literally made it just in time to the hospital. We parked the car and started walking - and then, my water broke. I don't even want to think of the mess I would have made in the car if we had left a few minutes later. Vomit.

By the time we got checked in I had started freaking out. I didn't feel right, something was going on and no one had checked on me yet. I really thought that there was something wrong with me. Once I got checked out I was informed that I was already 8cm dialated. WOW. I did not see that one coming!

Thanks to my mother, pictured below is me mid contraction

We had rolled up to the hospital at around 5:30p,, and by 8:49pm we had our beautiful son, Camden Edward Floyd. Weighing in at 7.7lbs and 19.5 inches. He was born naturally with no epidural - the way that I had planned. Pushing seemed like no big deal after the long day of contractions I had. Jeremy was such an amazing support during the delivery. I don't think he had time to even process anything, things were happening so quickly. I wouldn't have wanted it any other oway!



The happy grandparents after delivery

Now begins the fun part - survival. We have made it through our first week with the help of family and friends. There have been some minor breakdowns here and there, but that is to be expected (and I'm sure there will be more) I'm ready for the journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment