Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Hairy, Scary....Monster!!

For Camden's first Halloween he was a scary monster....or quite possibly the cutest monster ever.


We went trick-or-treating around the neighborhood with our friends and their son. The weather ended up being really nice and everyone seemed to have a good time...runny nose and all.



Jeremy was in charge of Camden's candy bag and I'm saddened to report he did an awful job. Good thing we had left-over candy or mommy wouldn't have had anything to eat these past few days!


Earlier in the day we went over to play with Grammy and we wore our Halloween outfit. Even though he was a little under the weather with a runny nose (he can thank mommy for that...) he seemed to have a great day. Happy Halloween! (I even dyed his hair red so he could have a pumpkin head to match his bib and butt)


Last week when Mimi and Poppy were in town they bought Camden a chicken costume in case we weren't prepared for Halloween. After a little hesitation on the part of Jeremy, we got Camden in the costume so of course we had to take some pictures :) I personally think the outfit shows off his huge muscles very nicely. Some would call that baby fat, but mommy likes to refer to it as muscle.



I mentioned earlier that Camden has a runny nose. I know he unfortunately got that from me. Mommy has been working with a cold for the past week now. Although I ended up feeling excellent on Sunday, I missed the 5k that I had signed up for to be on the safe side, which was probably a good idea because it was super cold in the morning. I was convinced that my home remedy of gargling, throat drops, and hot tea with honey was the way to go.

By Monday afternoon I was in serious pain. I don't remember the last time that my throat had hurt that bad. It hurt to touch, it hurt to swallow and it almost heart to breathe. Nothing that had worked previously was working this time. I went to the doctor's on Tuesday and was cleared of strep...thank goodness. I like to think I have a very high pain tolerance and I lasted a long time trying to fix this cold on my own. Tuesday afternoon I gave into the ibuprofen.

Cold and flu season - 1...Jackie - 0

So mad that I've been sick this past week because I haven't been able to run and try out my new kicks :)



I better be up and running (literally and figuratively) soon. We have a lot going on this weekend and family coming into town! Camden is so excited to finally meet his Aunt Randee and Uncle Brandon!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment