Tuesday, November 8, 2011

When I grow up

I found a piece of paper in my baby book that said..."When I grow up I want to be a teacher, or a doctor" and when I was 3ish I told my parents I want to be a pig. Oink Oink. Good news is that I didn't grow up to be a pig and I know I will never be smart enough to be a doctor. I mean, could you image this face walking into your hospital room to talk to you about your ailments?

What I have become is a teacher, although probably not the type I imagined I would be as a little kid. While I am currently teaching gymnastics to little kids, being a teacher to my son is the job I take the most pride in. 

I think that some people know from a young age what they want to be when they grow up. They go to school with a plan and put their careers first. I, on the other hand, didn't have that plan. I had ideas of things that would be cool to do, things I enjoyed doing, but what I really enjoyed the most was family. 

It wasn't until I started dating Jeremy that I knew what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wanted to be a wife and a mother. Education was important to me, but a job wasn't. I knew I would always be able to find some sort of job...even if it wasn't exactly what I wanted to do...because having a happy family was my priority.

I am extremely blessed. I am working part-time teaching gymnastics. I work about 6 miles from our house. I get to spend M-W at home with my son. I mean, who wouldn't want to spend a few days a week hanging out with this handsome fellow!


I always thought I would be the type of mom who went back to work a 9-5 Monday - Friday job. I thought this because I loved working. I got so much joy out of working as part of a team and being able to significantly contribute to our family financially. Boy how things have changed. I have the luxury of only working 2.5 days a week but if we could afford it, I wouldn't work outside of this house a single day. If you were to ask me 5 months ago if I wanted to be a stay-at-home mom...the answer would have been, "No way!" Now, I honestly would give anything now to stay-at-home everyday with Camden, not because I don't like my job, but because I just totally love my son.



On Sunday we had Camden's Dedication at our Church. It was a wonderful ceremony with our family. I know Camden doesn't understand yet how blessed he is, but one day he will.



Last but not least, today Camden is 5 months old. Happy Birthday Big Boy Camden! <3 I look forward to teaching you everything I know...like how to Oink like a pig and not be a doctor. 



3 comments:

  1. happy 5 months camden!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful. I will pray for you to stay a stay-at-home mom!!! It is truly a gift and a blessing and the most important 'job'. Camden will be all the wiser for it! I hope he wants to be a pig when he grows up,like his mom, and not a cowboy like his Dad! Okay, Jeremy, I kid, I kid. We had a wonderful time on Sunday and I'd have to say Eoin enjoyed it the most as evidenced by the DOUBLE hug for Uncle Jeremy. Those are rare indeed.

    Love you three.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Camden is, indeed, blessed! Dedicating Camden to Jesus is the beginning of a marvelous journey. May you always feel this joy. I know you will always feel this intense love! <3 XOXOXO Mom

    ReplyDelete