Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy 2012!

This morning, the first day of 2012, I got to watch the sun rise over the Atlantic with my favorite little man in my lap. On the way home from OBX we saw a rainbow as we were crossing the Bay Bridge. These simple pleasures really make me stop and think, "Life is good...God is good"



2011 was a great year! I started 2011 in Pittsburgh to watch the Winter Classic. January 1, 2011 was also the day that I felt Camden kick for the first time <3 Jeremy and I got to go to The Masters Practice round, Amber came back to MD, I made a big job change pre-baby, Status : Fail followed by the more recent, Status : Pass, half marathon, new job as a Personal Trainer, and of course the birth of my little monkey.


I'm sure there are many other great things that I was blessed to have experienced in 2011, but these are just a few that stick out in my mind. I do believe that life is really what you make of it, and I am ready for a fabulous 2012.

While I don't think I've made resolutions the past couple of years, I do think they are important. There's always something to improve, always something to work on. Maybe making "resolutions" are cliche, but I'm doing it anyway, dammit. So here's my list....

1) Focus on health - including eating better and exercising more (I'm sure this is on 95% of peoples' resolutions lists) I'm lucky enough to have nutritional information and exercise equipment at my disposal at work, I just need to make sure I take advantage of it.

2) Stop drinking for the month of January - I figured, in addition to eating better and working out more, cutting out the booze would be extremely beneficial to my overall health. And, to be honest, I became a little bit of a lush at the end of 2011....that's what vacation does to me, people...it's always 5 o'clock somewhere!

3) Cut back on technology - Jeremy and I are addicted to our phones, they are always in our hands. I say he's on his phone more than I am, and he says the opposite. Either way, we both rely on our phones waaay too much and I am going to take a few steps back. I didn't have 24/7 access to my phone while we were on vacation and it was glorious. By cutting back, I will now be able to spend more time doing things that people did 10 years ago before there were such things as smart phones and 4G....like reading actual books and giving my child and husband uninterrupted play and cuddle time. Of course I say this as I am updating my blog and getting ready to post it to my Facebook and Twitter while playing games of Words with Friends on my Droid. Sigh.

I suggest making a resolution or resolutions. Don't want to be cliche? Make a list of things you want to accomplish or ways that you can improve yourself. Hell, write down, "Smile more" on a piece of paper...everyone can benefit from that. 

Blog posts from Christmas and our vacation will follow shortly. Because it is January 1st I wanted to post only about the new year.....so here's to 2012, (raising my glass of water) I'm ready to rock it out!


1 comment:

  1. You have certainly helped make our 2011 part of a great adventure. You and Jeremy have demonstrated the importance of a solid relationship with God and with each other. You have become amazing parents and graciously shared your son with us. Dad and I love you so much and plan to share a great 2012 with you and your handsome men! XOXOXO Mom Barb

    ReplyDelete