Wednesday, February 8, 2012

8 Months!

Wow! That might need to be the only thing I need to say. Today Camden is 8 months old. This means only 4 short months until he turns one and only 4 months until Steph and Howie's wedding.


Camden must have known it was a special day for him...he decided to sleep in (meaning I got to sleep in...thank you!) We had a nice little play date this morning followed by a doctor's appointment for his eczema.

Not so fun, but nothing a little topical ointment wont treat, at least we hope. We got to go to Safeway to fill the prescription, and boy was Camden a HAM! He was flirting with any lady that would make eye contact with him and he made sure to grab the attention of those ladies that didn't. Of course I am a little biased, but, what's not to love!

These past 8 months have been filled with doctor's appointments, sleepless nights, trial and error, and of course, Google. It's been an amazing adventure so far with such a cool dude. I think we have a keeper.



If you're curious to what has been going on with me (but who really is because this is supposed to be about Camden, right??) I started my new job. I am working as a Personal Trainer for Excellence in Fitness. It may be too soon to say but I'm pretty sure I'm in love with this job.

I've also started eating healthier. Since February 1st I've been eating what I call "clean". I've been eating fruit, veggies, protein and drinking water and black coffee. The first few days I'm pretty sure I was going through sugar withdrawal. I was used to having Splenda multiple times a day and putting Nutella on anything that it sounded appetizing on. Now, it's been a full 8 days and I feel full and great. I even made it through our Super Bowl party without being ridiculous. Pizza, wings, potato salad, buffalo chicken dip, and chicken salad sandwiches...not this guy...I ate my food before hand and I stuck with the veggies and humus.

As for the rest of my New Years Resolutions...I made it about 6 days in January without drinking. Whoopsie. So beer is my vice. Sue me :) AND I'm still working on that whole "technology" thing. Stupid 'Words with Friends' is not helping. One of these days I'll be able to quit cold turkey...but for now I'm still working on cutting back. One resolution I have mastered is smiling more. I've got an amazing husband, an awesome job, and a kickass son....what's not to smile about?



1 comment: