Saturday, July 23, 2011

Fool me once...

Camden has gotten pretty good at doing the exact opposite of the things I think and say. For example, he started sleeping for longer periods of time during the night and it was great! People would ask how he's doing with his sleeping at night and I would sing his praises. "He's doing great...I'm getting great sleep and so is he." A night or two later he would wake up more often and stay up longer during the night. I'm pretty sure these were the nights where I woke up in a panic thinking I had suffocated our child in our bed.....he doesn't even sleep in our room.

The other day I was so pumped because I had become a pro at changing diapers. At this point I was singing my own praises. That same day we had gone through three different outfits before lunchtime because he peed all over them. So much for me being a pro.

I've gotten to the point where I don't like talking about the good things he does because I feel like I'm jinxing myself. Even when I start thinking positive about the way I put him down at night...I try and take that thought back.

Tonight he went to bed at 9pm. I have no thoughts about it, and if you ask me tomorrow how it went, I probably wont tell you. I've decided I'm going to prepare myself for the worst and hope for the best....this way I can't be disappointed.

As the great George W. Bush once said, "There's an old saying in Tennessee - I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee - that says, fool me once, shame on - shame on you. Fool me - you can't get fooled again"

1 comment:

  1. He'll sleep just fine when he's in Middle School! XOXOXO

    ReplyDelete